13

I will place this image at the top of the layout:

23

Now I will go http://www.grafplus.com/category/textures/ and I will download one texture. I will open the image inside Photoshop, then I will go to Edit > Define Brush Preset.
I will use Pen Tool to create a strange shape.

3

With Paint Bucket Tool I will add the following color: #b7a47e over this white shape.

4

I will rasterize the shape, by right clicking on the layer in your layer palette, then choose Rasterize layer. Hold down the CTRL key from your keyboard, then with the left mouse click on the layer thumbnail. You can see a selection around the shape.

5

I will use the Brush Tool we have created in the previous step and I will add some drawings over this shape.

6

For this shape I will add the following layer styles

7

8

This is my result

9

I will place this shape at the top of my layout. Over it I will add a text logo with ” grafpedia” and with a simple slogan

10

This is the font I have used: Download font
With the same technique I will add other shapes. Please click on the following image to see my results

111

I will select Eraser Tool, and with a smooth round brush I will delete the bottom part of my grunge background texture

121

This is my result so far

131

I will use a stock image with an old style paper

14

Then I will select Rectangular Marquee Tool, and I will cut a corner from our image.
First you have to select the part you want to cut with Rectangular Marquee Tool.

15

Be sure you have the layer with the stock image selected, then press on CTRL+J (this shortcut will create a new layer via cut). With Move Tool I will place the shape to the right. I will create a sidebar where I will place some advertising spots, and the categories

16

I will duplicate this shape (press CTRL+J), and I will go to Edit > Transform > Flip horizontal. One more time I will use Move Tool to place the stock image in the right place

17

With the same technique I will create another shape at the bottom of the layout. Here it will be our slideshow.

18

I will download the following set of vector icons: vector social bookmarking icons

I will add the vector icons on the top part of the layout.

19

With Horizontal Type Tool I will add the text over the layout. The font I have used is Myriad Pro. In the same time I will add also some images

20

I will grab my Pencil Tool, and on a new layer (press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+N to create a new layer) I will start drawing a small arrow by hand. I will use a one pixel brush.

211

Download the following set of brushes: 325 pixel brushes

One a new layer you can create some arrows and place it near the category text buttons.

221

This is my final result.

231

If you want to download this layered PSD file please Join our VIP membership. Together with this layout you can download all our VIP Resources.

Download Demo